A key part of Scouting is ensuring that our adult volunteers are valued. This can be achieved in a number of ways. There is always the opportunity for informal thanks for a job well done but there are also a number of more formal ways of recognising good service.
First there is the locally awarded Commissionerâ€™s Commendation Award. There are no specific criteria for this and the award is made at the discretion of the District Commissioner, Darren Bailey. If you believe that someone deserves recognition for their contribution to Scouting but does not qualify for any other award please make a recommendation via your District Commissioner.
Then there are the Scout Association Awards for Good Service, Gallantry and Meritorious Conduct.
Further details of all the awards and how you can nominate someone can be found at www.scouts.org.uk/awards
Nominations for all awards can be can be submitted and awarded at any time of the year.
Tynemouth Scouts Awards Advisory Group
The principle role of this group is to
- To ensure the Associationâ€™s obligatory individual training requirements have been met for current appointment(s).
- Consider and review nominations from Groups to ensure all relevant details are provided and to forward these to the District Commissioner for approval and submission to the HQ Awards Board.
- Ensure consistency in the citations and suggest changes as appropriate. To assist in writing citations where necessary.
- Make recommendations to the District Commissioner for awards for District members, ie those with District appointments, and to consider recommending awards for members with Group and District appointments if appropriate.
- The panel will have a purely advisory role.
If you require any help with making an application for an award, please contact Sean Mulligan by email firstname.lastname@example.org