Scout Network is the fifth and final section of the Scouting movement. From the time of Baden-Powell, there have been arrangements for young people who wanted to continue after their time in the Scout Section, and in 1967, Venture Scouts were formed from the existing Senior Scout and Rover Scout Sections.
During the late 1990s we decided that, to meet the changing needs of young people, there should be two sections for the over-14s: Explorer Scouts for 14 to 18-year-olds, and the Scout Network for 18 to 25s.
Scout Network gives opportunities to 18-25 year olds who have an interest in Scouting, their own personal development and having fun.
All young adults, that are members of the association and are aged between 18 and 25 in Scouting are members of the Scout Network.
This applies to members holding the following roles:
- Section Leader / Assistant Section Leader (all sections)
- Group Scout Leader / Assistant Group Scout Leader
- Scout Active Support Manager
- District Commissioner / Deputy District Commissioner
- Assistant District Commissioner
- District Explorer Scout Commissioner
- District Scout Network Commissioner
- District Scouter / District Explorer Scout Leader
- County Commissioner / Deputy County Commissioner / Assistant County Commissioner (including Area/Region/Bailiwick alternatives)
- County Training Manager / Local Training Manager (including Area/Region/Bailiwick alternatives)
- County Scouter (including Area/Region/Bailiwick alternatives)
- Safeguarding Awareness Co-ordinator
- County Media Manager (including Area/Region/Bailiwick alternatives)
- District and County Youth Commissioners