I am enormously hopeful that our amazing Northumberland Scout community will come together to ensure we continue scouting for our young members at a time when they may well need it more than ever before.
You will hear from me over the coming days and weeks about our plans, in the meantime I’d like to share with you what we’ve been working on:
1. Provide support to enable scouting to continue on virtual platforms as frequently as we can and we will aim to have sections meeting in virtual spaces every week wherever possible;
2. We will advance our roll-out of Office 365 to all adult members to ensure we can all meet virtually;
3. We will advance our roll-out of OSM to ensure everyone gets access to digital programme tools;
4. We have committed to working hard to find solutions and to communicate what weâ€™re all doing, sharing ideas and resources across scouting;
5. We will be supporting groups to deliver virtual programme and we hope to be providing district and county virtual events;
6. As quickly as ever possible we will ensure adult training can continue virtually;
I know I can count on your support, you’ll be hearing lots from your group, district and county teams over the coming days.