Tynemouth Scouts are now in a position to invite applications for the role of Assistant District Commissioner for the Scout Section. We invite individual and team applications for this vacant role. The ADC Scouts will work in partnership with the District Commissioner and team to ensure that effective operation and aiding the effective delivery of an adventurous programme within the Scout Section in Tynemouth Scouts.
Outline:Â To work in partnership with the District Commissioner to ensure that effective operation of the Scout Section in Tynemouth District in accordance with the rules as laid down in POR of The Scout Association.
Responsible for: District Leaders (if applicable)
Responsible to: District Commissioner
Main Contacts: CC, DCs, ACC (Scouts), other ADCs, District and County Advisers, District Administrator, HQ, ADC (Scouts) from other Districts, GirlGuiding UK, Schools and other local Youth Organisations.
Appointment Requirements: To understand and accept The Scout Associationâ€™s policies, have a satisfactory CRB Clearance, Completion of Wood Badge, which includes the Section Supporter Modules as detailed in the Adultâ€™s Personal File and The Scout Associationâ€™s Adult Training Scheme.
General Main Tasks:
- Ensure purpose, method, policies and programme are carried out throughout the Section in the District
- Assist GSLs in the encouragement of all Leaders in the Section to provide a balanced programme
- Co-operate with the DC to support all Leaders and Commissioners in matters relating to the Section and its Leaders
- Promote and encourage to the Section the implementation of all policies of The Scout Association, especially the key policies as laid
down in Chapter 2 of POR
- Liaise with District Administrators
- Maintain a working relationship with DC, other ADC (Scouts) and other Commissioners within the District
- Work in partnership with DC in the management of the District and the Sectionâ€™s programme and activities
- Maintain contact relevant to the Section age group with in the local community
- Promote the Sectionâ€™s Scouting to the local Community
- Support the DC in the development of the District.